Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Swimming

Sophie came up to me this afternoon, carrying her floaties in one arm, and her swimsuit in the other.

Sophie - Swim, mom.
Me - I'm sorry, it's too cold outside.
Sophie - Swim.
Me - We can go swimming when it's warm.
Sophie - Mom. Swim.

Logic never works with toddlers. I wish it was warm enough to go swimming. Our apartments have a pool in the back, and she just loved it.

So what did I do while my poor little girl just looked up at me with her swimming gear? What any good mom would do... I threw it on her and plopped her in the bathtub.

She seamed pretty pleased. I'll have to take her to the Clearfield Aquatic Center sometime soon... or buy one of them plastic pools and set it up in my living room. I think I like option two.
Eventually she even found the bottom to my swimsuit (no idea where) and demanded that I join her. So we both ended up hanging out in the tub. (There will be no pictures of this - being as it's winter, and no girl actually shaves during the winter)

Thanks mom for the swimsuit you got Sophie,it came in handy. :)

No comments: