Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Papa y Mama

(Picture taken by my super talented older brother. I lack pictures of my grandparents, so I had to resort to stealing my brother's.)

My grandparents are coming to visit next week. I'm so excited I could pee my pants! These are some of my absolute favorite people. The best part? They are not visiting for days, or even weeks, but months... MONTHS!

When we lived in Texas, we saw my family in Mexico all the time. Then we moved and visits became rare. The last time I saw my grandparents was literally years ago. I'm pretty sure it's when I was a nut, so 4 or 5 years ago. I wanted to go down last year, but we just lacked the money. I'll have to be sure to save up for a trip this coming year.

Papa is like a magnet, people are just drawn to him. He is nearly always smiling. I love to listen to him sing and play the guitar. When I was little he would show me magic tricks that would just blow my mind. Ok fine, I still think it's awesome. I'm so excited for Sophie to meet him.

Mama is so sweet. After having 12 kids, you'd bet that woman is pro with kids. She loves her kids and oodles of grandkids so much. She's such a blast.

I can't wait to take them out to do stuff. These next few months are going to be full of awesome.

No comments: