Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mary, Did You Know?



The above video was stolen from my sister-in-law's blog. I love this song, and have for years. The first time I heard it, I was 13. We were at our ward Christmas part/talent show. I can't remember his name, but my teacher sang the song. He had an amazing voice, and about halfway through the song, he started to cry.

You can never really "connect" with Mary, until you have a child. You can take class after class about being a parent, read all the books in the world, and even watch after children; but until you have your own child, you have no idea how that bond feels. To be willing to give anything and everything to keep your child safe. To be ready to give everything you have for them, even your life if necessary.

My mom used to always tell me "You'll understand when you are a mom." She normally told me those words when I was angry with her. She was right. I would do everything I could to keep Sophie from harm, even if that meant her hating me. Granted, she will have to learn things on her own, but I'll be damned if I'm not right there to pick her back up and brush her off.

Thank you mom, for everything.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I HATED it when my mom said that to me and I hate it even more that she was right! Now I say it to my sisters and they both hate it!