Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

Yesterday was very fun for us. First off, I made the mistake of not getting the candy until yesterday... WalMart was a mad house. I won't be doing that again. At 2:00 pm we headed out to Denny's work for some Trick or Treating. They have a big building with over 200 workers, and all of those workers had CANDY! :) There were bunches of people there, all walking around to each desk and getting some candy. I forgot my camera for that :( we were in a hurry to get out the door. Sophie loved being around all the people, especially the little kids. At first she wasn't really sure about taking candy out of bowls, because normally its me trying to keep her from taking people's things. After a few minutes she got the hang of it, and loved it. She would pick a candy (or 5) out of the bowls, and plop them into her bag that either daddy or I was holding. It was adorable. Then at 3:00 there was a magic show! Everyone crowded into the cafeteria and watched the nervous little man do his tricks. Then we headed home to let daddy get back to work.Once dad got home we had some dinner and packed up to head out again. There was a Lutheran church in Roy doing a Trunk or Treat. Right before we got there she fell asleep in the car, poor thing was pooped. So we just drove around a bit, and 20 minutes later when we got home she woke up. Since it wasn't that cold outside, I decided we would just go around the block to a few houses. We got a couple done, before it started to rain. Wonderful huh? Luckly we were just across the street so we didn't get too wet.
Once we got home we passed out the rest of the candy. Denny gave fist fulls of candy to the really small kids. He said that the really little ones actually get really excited for the candy so they deserve more, while the older kids don't really care - they just want candy. It is true though, how the little kids will sort out their candy and count out how much of each they have. :) That was our first Halloween with Sophie, and I think it went pretty well.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

She looks SO cute! I didn't get pictures because it was so chaotic so I'm taking them to Wal-Mart, or maybe I'll make Jared do it!

Unknown said...

Sophie, you look so grrrrrrrrrrrreat, so cute with your Lion costume and I love your blue eyes too. grandma luvs U