Friday, April 23, 2010

First NIGHT in cloth

This was too exciting for me not to share (probably not exciting for you, but I don't care).

Last night was our first night using a cloth diaper instead of a disposable. Being as we dove into cloth a year ago, you would think I would have tried this sooner. I had two problems with nighttime: 1 Sophie still had a sippy at night (to make up for the lack of boob). 2 With the liquid, came the pee. And I only had fitted diapers (they didn't pull moisture away from her bum, so if she a wet one too long, it would cause a rash).

Problem 1 is still valid, kinda. She has a juice box at night, but hardly ever asks for it. Problem 2 = solved! Fleece is water resistant and serves as a dry barrier between bum and pee. Wahoo!

I felt like experimenting last night, so I put her in her Bum Genius with both the insert and booster stuffed inside. She fell asleep at 8:30 (it was delightful) and woke up a good deal to ask for her juice box. We never go to bed that early so it was hard for her to stay asleep. I half expected her to pee her way out of the diaper, but let her be.

We woke up at 9:30 and I took off her diaper. IT FELT DRY! I know she peed, the kid drank like a horse last night. The inserts absorbed so well that even they felt mostly dry. I have the sudden urge to go steal a cart full of these from the Quilted Bear. Lucky for the Quilted Bear, I have no car today... :(

No comments: