Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Boob Love

Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!

This post was written as part of The Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is Wordless Wednesday: Breastfeeding Photos! Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th through the 31st!


(Thanks to my friend, Claire, I was introduced to the Breastfeeding Cafe last year. I'm super excited to get involved with it this year. I'm volunteering as the host for the Expectant Moms Circle. Breastfeeding should be the norm, and even though we aren't nursing anymore, I'm still an advocate for boob.)

I find it completely depressing that during the entire 18 months that Sophie nursed, I got pretty much zero pictures. Since this is the Wordless Wednesday post, I am supposed to put on pictures of our beautiful nursing experience. I had to DIG to find any.

This one I got from my mom's camera a year or so ago. Notice the poor baby, having your face covered just can't be comfortable. I had horrified my cousins earlier that day by whipping out my boob at the table, so I figured I wouldn't torture them more than necessary.... then I showed them my birth video. >:) They needed a good dose of "don't get pregnant in your teens."

b1.jpg picture by EvilTemptress

This one I pulled from a video. Denny was trying to figure out how to record with our video camera, and accidentally recorded some bewb.

b6.jpg picture by EvilTemptress

These last 3, I love. I pulled these from Sophie's birth video. Yep, we are THOSE kind of people. The people that record birth. I didn't really want video of my vajay, but I sure wanted the experience documented.

b2.jpg picture by EvilTemptress


b4.jpg picture by EvilTemptress


b3.jpg picture by EvilTemptress


Here are more posts by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness she was so cute and tiny! Thanks for mentioning me. I hope you love doing the Expectant Moms Circle!

Melodie said...

I started taking lots of breastfeeding shots when my youngest turned two. There is always time!

Andrea said...

Oh, so sweet! :) Love these!

Natasha C. said...

These are so precious! Thanks for digging them up and sharing!

BoobiesNBabies said...

Thanks for digging!

Lauren Wayne said...

Good job finding those! They're precious. I routinely make my husband take pictures of me breastfeeding, or else we'd have none. It's funny when you do something so frequently and yet cameras avoid you whenever it happens…

I thought I wasn't going to have video of my lady parts, either, but darned if the midwives didn't just start shooting away when the time came, and I was so thankful afterward. It totally makes me tear up to watch it. I love that you showed yours to your cousins — way to freak 'em out! :)

Whitney =0) said...

What beautiful photos of your first moments breastfeeding!