Monday, March 30, 2009

My New Favorite Blog

Today Sophie went down for her nap at 1:30. It wasn't much of a battle, she actually fell asleep while we were still reading books. I plopped her down in her crib and came to spend 30 to 60 minutes of "me time." Her sleep has been so messed up lately, I never know what to expect with her.

I started off by checking my email, and other various things on the internet... 2:30 rolled around and I ran out of things to check. So I started looking for mommy blogs to read. I found one and absolutely LOVE it! Its called "The Meanest Mom." This woman is a stay at home of 4 young kids, and she just cracks me up.

I glanced at the clock and it read 3:45, I thought I had lost my mind. Sophie has NEVER slept this long. At 4:00 I decided that she was either dead, or it was just a miracle. Just to rule out the first option, I went in to check on her. I made sure her little body was breathing, and tried to creep out of the room ninja style.... it didn't work. Right when I got to the door I heard those little grunts that mean only one thing - a waking child.

Well at least she slept for 2 1/2 hours, which was something she really needed. Now she has wondered off to sit on the couch with Isaak, and eat grapes while she watches him play video games. I just don't know what I'll do when we move, and she won't have all these people around to interact with.

No comments: