Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble Gobble

Today we spent Thanksgiving with my family. (well part of them anyway - My dad, Isaak, and Grandma & Grandpa Meakin)
Sophie is sporting the pumpkin applique shirt that I made her, and some super cute leggings I finished last week.
What I'm thankful for:
  • Sophie - the center of my universe. She is my life, and often times, the reason I wake up in the morning. Even though she makes me want to scream at times, she melts my heart.
  • Denny - My nerd. He'll push my buttons until I explode, but I love him none the less. He provides for us. Nearly 3 years ago, when he was put in a situation most 19 year old boys would have run from - he stepped it up, and did the right thing. For that, I will always love him.
  • My Mom - the bold, spontaneous, loving woman, who taught me to be ME. I know that no matter what I could do or say, she would always love me.
  • My Dad - the first man I ever loved. He helps when we need it, and even when we don't.
  • Jared & his family - Best older brother a girl could ask for. We could "fight" to the Mortal Kombat soundtrack for hours. :) His beautiful wife, who keeps him in line, gave me two darling nieces.
  • Isaak - clingy little brother. We can spend hours laughing at absolutely nothing.
  • We get by. We have a place to live, a car, food, heat. We have everything we need, and then some.
  • My crafting - I am someone who needs something to do. If I stay in one place too long, I'll lose my mind. Creating things makes me feel good about myself.
  • My music - I've always had music in my life. When I was little, my mom always had the radio on while she cleaned. (I got my OCD from her, and the woman cleaned A LOT) My older brother is so very talented at the piano. I would sit outside the piano room and listen to him for hours. Choir was my favorite class in school. Even though I don't do it nearly enough, I play the piano. Music is an escape, an outlet for emotion, a save place, up lifting, and as vital as air. Without music, life isn't as good.
Life is short, don't waste it.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I saw those pics of Sophie and had to look again! She has so much hair and it's SO dark! Such a cute cute girl! I'm so glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving, wish we could've been there!