Friday, August 28, 2009

Why Me?

The above picture was taken at about 5:30 this morning.... let me explain.

Sophie's sleep has been messed up since we went to Bear Lake. She now sleeps until around 9:30 to 10:30, and doesn't go to bed until around 11:00. Which wouldn't really be too bad, if my pills didn't make me tired as hell.

Last night she was a pain, so Denny sent me to bed around 11:00 pm, and stayed up to watch Spongebob with Sophie. Eventually he got her to sleep, and brought her in to bed.

About 3:30 in the morning she stands up and screams. I thought she had a nightmare, so I tried to comfort her. We came out in the living room, and she didn't want to be touched. She laid on the floor and cried into her blanket. I had no idea what was wrong.

4:00 am rolls around and Denny come out into the living room to see what all the hubbub is about. I've been asking Sophie if she wants everything from a bath, to an orange, to watching tv, and nothing worked. I asked her if she wanted to go on a ride in the car, and she nodded, SO OFF WE WENT!

Our first destination was McDonald's to get Sophie some fries... Damn those McDonald's workers... who would know that they don't serve fries at 4:00 am, the jerks.

We then make a round about to pick up Denny since he was feeling sick, and not likely to go back to sleep. Denny proclaimed that he wanted a pepsi, so we hit up Betos. While I was driving, Denny was suffering from lack of sleep, and saying random obnoxious things.

(I was heading back to the ramp on 31st in Ogden)
Denny - where are we going?
Lexi - wherever I want
Denny - I don't like this! What if we get shot!
Lexi - we aren't even in Ogden yet
Denny - what if a gang member wanders off and gets lost, and shoots us in anger?
Lexi - you need sleep
Denny - YOU NEED SLEEP!

There were many conversations of that nature. We came back home, at about 5:00 am. Sophie ate her rice and watched Spongebob. (that is when the above picture was taken) Once she finished, we snuggled on the couch. Eventually she passed out around 6:00 am. I dragged her to bed, and she woke me up around 10:30.

Denny never went back to bed.

YAY PARENTING!

2 comments:

Phreggs said...

And I probably wont get to sleep until late tonight :P

Tasha said...

ugh, so been there! Well just with out the Betos so I think you had it better! :P