Monday, May 18, 2009

The Zoo

My mom came out to visit this weekend. Everyone loves when she comes out here. We decided to go to the zoo on Sunday morning. I originally planned on leaving around 9... we didn't wake up until 8:45. We eventually made our way to the zoo around 11:30.
Sophie was most interested in all the monkeys. This was a mommy and a baby monkey. The mother was holding the baby to her while it slept, I thought it was super cute. That is how Sophie falls asleep with me at bedtime. She spent a good deal of the day pointing to animals and saying "Wow!" I loved seeing her reactions to everything. And she did pretty darn good considering she only took a catnap.
This elephant was 18 months pregnant... 18 months! They are generally pregnant about 22 - 24 months... I would die. Poor elephant.
Even though Denny protested the zoo trip, we all had a good time. We spend about 5 hours there, and didn't even see everything. Sadly my camera wasn't charged, so it only lasted about 1 hour into the day. Next time I'll be sure to take OODLES of pictures.

No comments: