Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Matters Most

I have a favorite quote from a move, that I feel the need to share.

"Stop talking about love. Every asshole in the world says he loves somebody. It means nothing. It still doesn't mean anything. What you feel only matters to you. It's what you do to the people you say you love, that's what matters. It's the only thing that counts."

I've found that a lot of people, especially families, tend to think that they are simply entitled to love. I gave birth to you, I'm your sibling, I'm your wife/husband, people think this means that they instantly get unconditional love. Bull.

The only people who get unconditional love in my world, are the ones that come out of my va-jay. That's right, even Denny has to work for love.

So take a minute to evaluate your life. Think of the people you "love," do you really treat them that way? Do you really show someone that you care about them?

Words don't mean diddly squat to me. I've had plenty of people love me and treat me like crap. I'm proud to say that I cut those people out of my life - no body needs toxic people around.

I mean, some people can say they love someone, and then beat the snot out of them. While that is an extreme example, you get the point.

SHOW someone you love them. Actions speak louder than words. :)


disclaimer: this isn't directed at anyone in particular, but i know a good few people who should hear it. plus, everyone should work on bettering themselves.

No comments: