Friday, February 18, 2011

Beaner

It would appear that I'm more Mexican than I thought. I realized this last, when Denny admitted that he was probably the one who got us sick. My first thought was, Stab him... stab him now!
  • It makes me giggle when the whites speak Spanish. You all sound ridiculous.
  • I'm not afraid of being stabbed/kidnapped/raped when visiting Mexico. (my husband's list of reasons not to go)
  • I drank water there, nothing happened. You big babies.
  • Fresh lemon makes any food better.
  • I see no problem with stuffing a van full of people.
  • I sometimes speak louder than necessary, especially around my mom. Her family pretty much shouts at one another.
  • Just because I'm home, doesn't mean I don't work. I won't do everything.This isn't the 50's.
  • I get offended when referred to as "white." I may only be half, but I'm Hispanic. Do not call my babies white either, I'll punch you.
  • My kids will always hear Spanish at home, even if it's just a few words. Sophie already has her colors and numbers down.
  • My girls will have Quinceañeras. Sweet Sixteens are for losers.
  • I actually like my family.
  • If I see something awesome on the side of the road, I will stop to get it.
  • I've caught myself saying, "why you crying?"
  • I don't go near water at night, La Llorona will get me.
  • I often wish Denny spoke Spanish, so that I could make fun of people with him.
  • I get cravings for beans and rice.
  • Who needs forks/spoons when you have tortillas? Our first time eating at a Mexican restaurant, Denny just stared at me, as I ate my entire meal with my tortillas.
  • Lotería kicks Bingo's ass.
  • My kids run around in diapers/undies in the summer. They are little kids. Stop being a perv.
  • Denny has informed me that I sometimes speak like my mom. Ch = Sh. Choes, chower, chut up. You get the idea.
  • I have every intention of yelling at kids that make my babies sad.
I'm sure there are lots of other things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

for sure you's make me laught!
You Rock Alexis!
the other day i was thinking how or what can i do to make sure my grandbabies know and keep their Mexican blood alive and i have an idea of what to do. Just want to let you know i am very proud of who you are and thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping the Macias alive.