Monday, May 9, 2011

Motherhood part 2

Despite the fact that it rained ALL day yesterday (literally, morning till night), it was a good day.

My Mother's Day weekend started on Friday.

Sophie and I spent the afternoon at the Treehouse Museum, which wasn't as fun. There weren't as many kids there, so she spent most of the time looking for a "friend" to play with.
On the way to pick up Denny, both of the girls fell asleep. With both of the monsters out cold, we decided to go get dinner. All you can eat sushi, *gag*. I hate fish, always have. Sophie thought the chopsticks were amazing.
Next we hit Barnes & Nobel for my Mother's Day gift. Denny took Sophie to pick out a planner, while I wandered about the store. I wanted a planner because I like knowing when, where, and what is going to go on. Having two tiny children, my brain is full of cartoon theme songs, so I just write everything important down.
I left the store with my new gifts: a box of Hello Kitty stationary, a pretty purple planner, and two raspberry filled Godiva chocolates *drool*.

Saturday

Weed pulling day. Yay?
Denny went to pick up Abuelos, and brought me back flowers. :) I love flowers.
Abuelos were loving enough to come help out. I originally asked if they would come keep the girls entertained, so that Denny and I could work on the yard. The moment Abuelo got out of the car, he dove into pulling weeds. There is no stopping that man. :P Abuela held Mya while she napped.
We got a TON of weeds pulled. A good half of what we needed done. Keep in mind that we have a good 4 areas for gardens, so that is about 4 million weeds.
After we showered, I took Sophie to the mall. She lost one of her earrings the day before, and we were out of spares. Being the pink lover she is, we left with a pair of pink heart earrings. After grabbing smoothies, we spent the rest of the night at home.

Sunday

We had what Denny declared "Mother's Day cake," after he sang the "official Mother's Day song" (that I'm fairly certain he made up as he went). Delicious breakfast.
Got everyone ready for church.
The primary children sang to all of the mommies. Sophie just stood there and alternated smiling at me then her teacher. She adores her primary teacher. All throughout Sacrament, she kept asking if it was time to go to class yet. I'm so glad that she loves Primary so much. It makes the idea of starting school much easier.
After church, Denny took us to Olive Garden. SOOOOOOOOOOO many people. Luckily, the wait wasn't too bad, and someone gave up the couch for Sophie and me.
Once we got back to our table, Mya was starving. The instant I started feeding her, Denny informed me that the lady next to us was giving me the stink eye. She can go suck an egg, you couldn't even see my ta-tas.
The evening was spent watching tv shows.

Another wonderful Mother's Day with my family.

No comments: