Friday, January 30, 2009

A Mother's Favorite Word...

Recently, my darling daughter has picked a new favorite word. At first it was "mom-mom", then "dada", then she learned "thank you"... or rather "ta-oo." Just a few days ago I grabbed Sophie for lunch, she was playing with toys and didn't want to eat. She looked me straight in the eye and said "no no no!" I just assumed she was babbling angrily, and hoped she didn't understand the word. Then today I asked her if she wanted to get a snack, and she said "no no no."

*sigh*

I suppose its what we get for saying "no no" so often. We try not to, but when your kid is waddling towards a flight of stairs, that is often the first thing to come out of your mouth. Denny has been working on teaching her "ya"... or "YEAH!" He is a rather enthusiastic person when he teachers her something new, like high fives. :)

2 comments:

Tasha said...

thats cute! Katie's new word is
uh-uh. Whenever I tell her to come her or to stop something she says uh-uh! What opinionated children we have!

LiSa AnD FaMiLy said...

hi remember me from cafe mom. its been a while i tried to follow your blog but i dont see a tab for it go a head and follow mine if you want. ur girl is getting so big