Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby and Mommy

  1. Mommy's full name: Alexis Crystal Schlaikjer
  2. Age when pregnant: 17
  3. Current age: 18
  4. How far along where you when you found out?: 3 or 4 weeks
  5. What was your first reaction when you found out?: "oh shit"
  6. How did the father react?: "oh shit"
  7. How did your parents take the news?: ha ha... they didn't really take it, lets just say they weren't happy
  8. How did you feel about your first ultrasound?: I loved seeing her little feet, but right at the end of the appointment the doctor told me I needed a biopsy after I gave birth because I had HPV... way to kill a special moment
  9. What month did you find out the sex of the baby?: I think it was in August, so 4 or 5 months
  10. Where you happy about the sex of the baby?: Very :) I was so happy I almost peed my pants
  11. What were your cravings?: Salt, lots and lots of salt
  12. Did you exercise when you were pregnant?: God no, I went walking a few times, but most of my pregnancy was spent lying in a bed or with my head in the toilet
  13. How much weight did you gain?: I lost 20 lbs at first from all the puking, but then gained 30 lbs I think
  14. Did you get morning sickness?: Morning sickness, afternoon sickness, middle of the night sickness, you name it, I got it
  15. Did you enjoy wearing maternity clothes?: I liked the few cute shirts I had, but since I didn't go out much, most of my pregnancy was spent in pj pants and t shirts
  16. What books did you read when you were pregnant?: Loads of books: Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy, Girlfriends Guide to the First Year of Motherhood, Prozac Nation, and millions of parenting magazines
  17. Did you take any pregnancy classes?: We took our pregnancy class in one day, Denny hated those 8 hours. :) But he went, and didn't complain at all. Then I took a breastfeeding class, plus all the classes WIC had me to go.
  18. Overall, describe your pregnancy: Hell and Heaven all at once. I was miserable, puking, crying for no reason, and my skin was so dry it hurt and I couldn't wear makeup. Then there where the nights Denny would rub my back, the ultrasounds, the tummy (I loved the tummy), buying baby clothes, feeling Sophie move around and even get the hick-ups. I wouldn't trade those 9 months for the world.
    *ALL ABOUT THE DELIVERY*
  19. How did you know you were in labor?: I got contractions that felt like really really really bad pms cramps
  20. Did your water break?: It didn't break until after I got my epidural and was lying in bed. We were in the middle of signing all the papers and I felt a POP. It was like someone poked a water balloon inside me, it was the coolest feeling.
  21. What were your contractions like?: Honestly, I didn't feel a lot of them, but the ones that I did feel were horrible
  22. How many hours was your labor?: Started at 11 pm, and she was born at 9:44 the next morning, so almost 11 hours
  23. Epidural?: Yes please :)
  24. Who was in the delivery room with you?: Denny, Tina, my dr, and the 2 nurses
  25. Was it an easy delivery?: I think it was, I was pushing less than half an hour, and she popped right out
  26. Did you cry during labor?: Nope, I was too tired
    *ABOUT THE BABY*
  27. Baby's full name: Sophie Turin Schlaikjer
  28. Birth date: Dec. 31, 2007
  29. Time born: 9:44 AM
  30. Gender: Girl
  31. Length: 20.5 inches
  32. Weight:6 lbs 12 oz
  33. What was the first thing you said to your baby?: "i love you"
  34. Who visited you and the baby in the hospital?: My dad, Isaak, Denny's family, my grandparents, our roommates Alex and Derek, and Denny's friends Stephanie and David.
  35. Did you breastfeed?: Sure did, we are working on weening right now
  36. What was your first night as a parent like?: Hard, she wanted to eat, but couldn't latch right, so she kept crying. Then I started crying because I didn't know how to make her stop. Finally I asked for a binky, she took it and went to sleep. Denny slept through everything, as always. :)
  37. Did you get sleep?: Nope, I was up two days straight
  38. When did you go home?: We stayed two nights after she was born
    *RIGHT NOW*
  39. How old is your baby now?: About 13 months
  40. Who does your baby look like now?: She has a few different features from both of us
  41. Been baptized?: She will get baptized when she is 8
  42. Your baby's current milestone achievement?: She learned how to go down the stairs all my herself, she has been able to go up for quite a while
  43. What's your baby's favorite thing to do?: Run around, she is just non stop. She loves to be just like mommy and daddy, she wants part in whatever we are doing. If Denny plays Xbox, she will grab a controller and sit by him. If I am cleaning up, she will start picking up things and bringing them to me.
  44. What is your baby's favorite toy?: I don't know if it counts as a toy, but her blankie is her favorite thing
  45. What is it like being a parent?: Simply amazing
  46. Ready for another one?: Thinking about it

1 comment:

Mary said...

Awww I didn't know you had such a hard pregnancy! I was kinda sad I went into wal mart and no one stole my cart....awwww where are you guys when I go shopping?