Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grandma Is In Town!

My mom and her boyfriend Manuel are here to visit for the next week. We always love seeing them. My dad is doing better, he is moving around and breathing without the oxygen tank. Sophie started standing on her own yesterday, I was so excited. It is only a matter of time until she starts walking. She has a very strong personality, and she gets more independant every day. Like today when we went to K-Mart, she kept wriggling trying to get down on the floor. She doesn't want to be held as much as she used to, but I still get my cuddles in. :) She is exploring every day. Opening food, eating random things off the floor, throwing the DVD remote into the toilet... yea that one just made me giggle. She understands when I don't want her to eat something, I'll hold my hand out and she'll smile and give it to me. Or if she wants to show you something she will hold it up to your face, but you aren't allowed to take it, only look. She has even tried sticking her binky in Denny's mouth a few times. Its silly. She is a very busy girl and keeps me chasing after her. She also LOVES eating big people food. Whenever we have dinner I cut up pieces and put them on her high chair table, and she goes to town. She is a big fan of cheese, green beans, bananas, and strawberries. My little girl is getting so darn big.

1 comment:

Tasha said...

it's so great when they can feed themselves. Frees you up to actually do things. I love putting Katie in her chair and pouring some cheerios on her tray and getting to eat my own breakfast!