Thursday, September 26, 2013

Love Thyself

The other day I was banging my head against the wall in my shower.
I was pissed off.
Not at any one thing in particular, just at life.

My mind had started a snowball of hate.
"Stupid day. Stupid heat. Stupid apartment. Stupid shower. Stupid everything." 
And so on and so forth.

Standing in my underwear, I looked into our full length {and very unforgiving) mirror.
I poked the fanny pack of skin on my front.
"Stupid stretch marks."

Mya busted into the room.
Chocolate covered and glorious, she grinned up at me.
"Mom, you so pretty!"
Throwing her arms around my legs, she radiated joy.

I picked her up and buried my face in her beautifully crazy curls.
She didn't see the stretches marks, the bags under my eyes, the unshaved legs, or the extra weight.
 She saw her mommy, and mommy is beautiful.



This slapped me back into reality.
I need to put more effort into loving my body.
It literally grew three people.
Not one, not two, but three people.

That in itself is amazing. 

No comments: