Thursday, June 14, 2012

Adoption is Love

I know I haven't posted much, I've been busy with my daycare/preschool.
Sorry.
We are going camping this weekend, so there will be lots of pictures to come.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Denny and I have always known that we would adopt. We weren't sure when, or how, but we knew that our family would grow that way.

Originally we intended to have all of our biological children first, but life has given me a nudge in a different direction.

You see, I get really bad Postpartum Depression (PPD), scary bad.
I still want my big family, but I don't know how much more PPD I could survive.





Thus...



There is really just one thing stopping me from adopting a handful of children right this minute... adoption is ridiculously expensive.

$20,000 is considered cheap.

I am having a hard enough time coming up with $10,000 to move to Texas.... but $20,000? Ugh.


We did consider fostering to adopt, but the main goal is always to reunite foster children with their families. I get very attached easily, and would quickly have my heart broken. And the goal is to prevent me from spiraling into depression... so that route just seems counter-productive. 


We plan to have a private/independent adoption rather than go through an agency.
Just personal preference.

So.

If you feel like throwing money at us so that we can expand our family, go right ahead.
or
If you know someone who is pregnant and looking for an adoptive family, keep us in mind. :)


I don't plan to go into hardcore adoption mode until we move to Texas, but if a child finds a way to our family before then, so be it.

I believe when the time is right, we will find the children that belong in our family.

No comments: