Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feministas Unite!

I'm all about empowering women.
(hence the career path I've chosen)



I have taken great care to teach Sophie that she can be and/or do anything her little heart desires.

Her current choice of occupation is Cat Superhero.
(a superhero that dresses as a cat and saves other cats)

Whenever I was pregnant with Sophie, I forbid anyone to buy anything pink.
I refused to push her into gender stereotypes before she even came out of my womb.

Fast forward 4 yrs.

Pink is now one of her 3 favorite colors. Pink, blue, and purple.
Why do I own an absurd amount of pink items?
Because she decided that she liked pink.

She wants to play with trains instead of barbies? Awesome!
She would rather watch Pokemon than a princess movie? Fantastic!

Now I'm not some crazed woman keeping her from all "girly" things.
I simply don't push certain items over others. Put on make up or play karate?
Why not both? :D

I only hope that I can keep her free of "gender roles" once she goes to school.

No comments: