Thursday, March 13, 2008

Trip To Tahoe

I am still waiting for my pictures and video, but I might as well tell you how the trip went. We left on Feb 24th around 11 in the morning. Denny kissed us goodbye and we were off. Sophie slept the entire way there. The flight was only about and hour long, so it wasn't too bad. The take off and landing were rather bumpy, but that was the worst part. Just as luck would have it, a big storm hit the night before we came to visit. Wonderful, huh? We got to the airport in Reno and my mommy was there to pick us up. She was so excited to see Sophie. Mom was amazed at how white Sophie was... she sure is her daddy's little girl. We stopped and got a few things we would need from a Wal-Mart before we headed up into the mountains. Now just to make sure I am clear... she really lives in the mountains. On the top of them! I thought she was just exaggerating. Nope, she was serious. We got up to her apartment, unpacked a few things, and got dressed to go out to dinner. This is where I got to really meet Sonny. He is a silly, rich, Indian man who likes his booze. He sure does make life more entertaining when he's around. Sonny took us to a really nice restaurant. Then we all loaded up in mom's car and headed to my tia Yara's. (She lives in the apartment right next to my mom) My cousins couldn't wait to see Sophie. We had a blast. The next day we went shopping with the $200 Sonny gave me to spend on Sophie and I. Sophie now has a summer wardrobe. :) My mom made dinner and we all had a wonderful night. Then the 26th came and it was time to go home. :( The day I left, all the snow melted - God sure does have a sense of humor. I hope we get to go back again this summer, only this time we will take Denny with us. :D

No comments: